Eco Chic & Cheap Homemade Beauty
Homemade beauty recipes are a great way to be eco-firendly and naturally beautiful. You control the ingredients (no toxic chemicals equal happy skin), and making your own natural beauty treats means more money in your wallet since many of the ingredients come from your kitchen.
Ask any beauty expert and they’ll tell you that exfoliation is key to healthy glowing skin. So here are five easy homemade body scrub recipes to make you feel eco-licious and beautiful. ~ Enjoy!
- Banana Sugar Body Scrub - Now I have another way to reuse the collection of ripe bananas sitting on my kitchen counter – I thought I was going to have to make a million loaves of my gluten-free banana walnut bread. A simply delicious and effective body scrub recipe!
- Coconut Brown Sugar Body Scrub - This is one of my favorite homemade body scrub recipes. It smells delicious, and the organic virgin coconut oil works wonders on your skin!
- Coffee Body Scrub – A simple body scrub recipe requiring only a few ingredients. So if you’re big on coffee, turn your leftover coffee grounds into a DIY eco beauty treat!
- Luxurious Summer Body Scrub - Though this recipe is intended to get you glowing for summer, anytime is the right time for a relaxing DIY body scrub - scorching summer heat is optional.
- Peach and Brown Sugar Body Scrub - This recipes is a real treat for the senses! It will definitely make you want to eat it before you get the chance to apply it to your body. That’s what I love about natural beauty though, you can eat it! Try doing that with a scrub for your local drugstore… actually don’t try that at home kids – that stuff is toxic.
What’s your favorite at home beauty indulgence? Share it with us!
Want more eco-friendly beauty? Subscribe to the Green Beauty Daily – it’s free!