Here’s an easy recipe for a quick and tasty vegetarian lentil curry. Lentils are a great source of protein, high in fiber, and and loaded with other good stuff too. Since there’s no soaking time on the lentils this recipe is done in about 35 minutes.
We’re not strict vegetarians, but we do like to eat vegetarian meals throughout the week. Here are five easy healthy vegetarian recipes for you to try. Enjoy!
- Cream of Potato Soup – My husband’s favorite soup! Goes nicely with my homemade rosemary and raisin focaccia bread.
- Vegetarian Chili – Super easy and very tasty too. Goes well with homemade cornbread. Yum!
- Tomato, Chickpea, and Vegetable Soup with Basil
- Curried Lentil Soup
- Pasta with Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce
What’s your favorite vegetarian meal?
A Taste of the Middle East
I love simple, healthy recipes with lots of flavor - but I don’t like to hassle with a lot of steps or prep time. This easy cucumber salad is quick, nutritious, and has a lovely exotic flavor. It’s perfect as a side dish or a simple main course – a good choice for a Meatless Monday meal.
- 1 cup plain organic yogurt
- 2 organic cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 organic garlic clove, put through a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- Pepper to taste (optional)
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Toss thoroughly and chill in the refrigerator for one hour (chilling is optional, but I find it makes the flavors blend together very nicely).