Here’s an easy recipe for a quick and tasty vegetarian lentil curry. Lentils are a great source of protein, high in fiber, and and loaded with other good stuff too. Since there’s no soaking time on the lentils this recipe is done in about 35 minutes.
We’re not strict vegetarians, but we do like to eat vegetarian meals throughout the week. Here are five easy healthy vegetarian recipes for you to try. Enjoy!
- Cream of Potato Soup – My husband’s favorite soup! Goes nicely with my homemade rosemary and raisin focaccia bread.
- Vegetarian Chili – Super easy and very tasty too. Goes well with homemade cornbread. Yum!
- Tomato, Chickpea, and Vegetable Soup with Basil
- Curried Lentil Soup
- Pasta with Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce
What’s your favorite vegetarian meal?
I can’t recall where I found the original recipe for this particular vegetarian chili or else I would post a link to it. Here, however, is my version of this filling vegetarian delight. My take on this recipe isn’t very spicy, and has a lovely sweet flavor since I only use red(my husband doesn’t like green bell peppers, so I usually have to substitute another color bell pepper for the green in recipes, and of course they’re always more expensive than the green ones, especially the organic version). Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 2 cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (I personally use 1 tablespoon so it’s not too spicy)
- 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon ground
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 (16 ounce) cans stewed , undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can , rinsed and drained
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add, bell pepper, and garlic; saute 5 minutes, or until tender.
Add sugar and remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
*You can eat it plain, or put it over cooked basmati rice – it’s yummy!